Greetings, dear readers. It’s summer. It’s 43°C. I am doing my best to emulate a sloth, while attempting not to melt into a puddle of lard. Anyway, Artemis from OTAKU LOUNGE kindly nominated me for this for this blogging thingamajig called the Liebster Award. Cheers! Apparently there’s a few versions of it, but this is the one I’m doing.
The Liebster Award is intended to give some exposure to small blogs with less than 200 followers. The rules are as follows:
1. Link back to the blogger who nominated you
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers
4. Go to the blogs you nominated and notify them of your nomination
5. Give your nominees 11 questions to answer.
My 11 questions as provided by Artemis:
1. When did you first start blogging, and do you realistically see yourself still blogging in, say, 10 years from now?
I started blogging on December 5, 2012. Being the incredibly persistent person I am, my blogging career lasted the entirety of two hours and two posts. Then I got bored and gave up.
Flashforward to May 10, 2013. I had been pottering around on some J-Pop review sites, and was convinced by a couple of bloggers to restart my blog. I haven’t looked back since!
Do I see myself blogging in 10 years? I don’t think so. I’d say I will lose interest or get too busy. I’m not sure I’ve stuck with anything for 10 years. We’ll see, but seems unlikely ^_^
2. Describe your favourite country in the world in 3 words.
Home sweet home.
3. You have to pick one country in which to live for the rest of your life, but it can’t be a country you’ve already lived in before. Or Japan. Where do you choose and why?
Um, dunno really. New Zealand seems like a nice place to live, and would have similar weather to Australia. And I can visit all the Lord of the Rings scenery whenever I want.
4. White, milk, or dark chocolate?
Dark chocolate is my choice! I prefer around 70% cocoa varieties, but I’m happy occasionally venturing into the bitter 85% territory now and then. Unlike Deadlight, who’s a softy.
5. What was the first television series (anime or otherwise) you ever fell in love with? Nostalgic merits aside, do you still love it today?
Back in primary school, I though Pokémon was pretty rad. I got into the games in 2010 and re-watched some of the anime at the same time, but I haven’t watched any since then. I still love it though. It’s rather sad, but I can still remember all these random lines, and cheesy episode names. Plus, I love the English dub voice actors, especially Eric Stuart, who did James. And the first OP is awesome. Old-school rock for the win.
6. What’s been the single best and worst television series (again, anime or not) of 2013 so far?
Best: I would say Shinsekai Yori like appropriant, but I thought I’d do one that started in 2013. So… *drum roll* the award goes to Chihayafuru 2!
I haven’t finished any anime that started this year that I thought were deserving of the worst television series label. So instead I’ll nominate a series which ended in 2013, Robotics;Notes.
7. If you could have any one superpower, what would it be?
Not a classical superpower here, but I’d like to be infinitely healthy. Being sick and stuff sucks.
8. What did you want to be when you grew up, and would you still do that if you could?
I wanted to be an astronaut. And a dinosaur. Dream big, yay! No, I wouldn’t be an astronaut if I could now. Too much of a pain. #lazy
Dinosaur for a day wouldn’t be to bad though.
9. Do/did you play any sports?
I played competitive cricket through late primary school and high school, but I stopped at the end of the 2011/2012 season. My cricket experiences now are just occasional net sessions with friends and watching the Australian team. I also enjoy tennis, golf, badminton, table tennis, and walking around cool rocky places (does that even count?). Not all at once, mind you.
10. Have you ever spent more than a couple of days in the hospital?
Happily, no. Don’t think I’ve been to hospital since I was a tiny tot.
11. In a world without internet, how would you probably spend the majority of your free time?
Being a quivering mess.
Oi I don’t spend all my free time on the internet y’know😄. I would probably spend more of that time doing musical things, reading, watching TV, and actually doing stuff with friends instead of having inane conversations on Facebook. But I wonder, how similar would a world without internet be to our current one? The internet permeates nearly every aspect of our lives, so I imagine an internet-less modern world would be different, maybe with society functioning in other ways..
My nominated blogs:
Illusions to Illusions: I have no idea what they blog about at the moment. Random stuff. But it seems pretty good so far haha.
Japanese Melodia: One of my music blogging comrades, with a focus on anison music.
キスetミュージック (Kiss et Music): A J-Pop music blog with a friendly writing style.
Nest of the Passing Otaku: An anime blog that’s part episodics, part editorials, all interesting.
Projected Realities: Good, detailed movie reviews.
Secret of Seven: Your #1 source for all things relating to Nana Mizuki.
Shinsei’s Anime Blog: A relative new-comer to the blogosphere, Shinsei writes reviews and editorials which I always find entertaining.
Shiizumi’s Anime Blog: Shiizumi’s blog is such a cheerful place, and I enjoy his anime posts. Also ships left, right and centre🙂.
Eleven questions for those blogs:
1. What do you most enjoy about blogging?
2. What do you find hardest about blogging?
3. Do you play a musical instrument? Or if you don’t, is there one that you would like to play?
4. Was there a subject at school/uni which sounded really cool, but you never got around to taking?
5. Can you speak another language?
6. Give yourself a geekiness rating from 1 to 10, where 1 is totally non-geek, and 10 is 100% geek from head to toe.
7. Is there an anime/manga/other that you think is underrated, or you want to let more people know about?
8. Who is your most hated anime/fiction character?
9. Suddenly, you get to be the Supreme Ruler of the World. What changes would you make?
10. Suppose you had to live on two foods/dishes for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
11. If you had to choose one, what fictional world would you want to live in?